Wednesday, September 25, 2013

9/25 Saturday Hunt with Jason Yields Silver and One Token Far From Home

My buddy Jason, a fellow Idahoan came down to Provo to metal detect last Saturday. I had three houses line up for us. The first house was a 1929 home with a small front yard, the second was a 1890 home that had been previously metal detected, and the third was a 1919 home with a good size yard. Here are all three!!! Thanks again to the owners for allowing us to come metal detect!





The 1929 house didn't a ton of finds. I found 3 wheat pennies from 1925, 1927, and 1940 all in the same hole. In the tree strip I found a Utah Tax Token and pretty much just the general clad. Jason had found a couple of wheat pennies as well. Also Jason found a silver CTR ring in a tree strip just down the street prior to getting to the house. After that we focused on the 1890 home and once again it was a few wheat pennies followed by some clad.

The final stop of the day was the 1919 home. After talking with the owner we got started. The first old find was another Utah Tax Token followed by a wheat and then FINALLY a 1946 Silver Rosie. I was on the board and the day was looking promising.


The next signal was a general 12:34 on the machine so I was thinking penny but when I pulled the plug I imediately realized it was too large to be a penny. I cleaned off as best as I could and could make out Missouri. I thought that it could not be a Missouri Tax Token but it sure was! That coin had travel. They were minted in 1935. My grandma Meme who still lives in Missouri told me she remember having to carry them around in order to buy things. The also go my the name Mill. Needless to say I was thrilled.


In total, I found 1 silver rosie, 8 wheat pennies, 3 tax tokens, and $3.15 in clad. Some of the relics included bullets, necklaces and an old shirt cuff. Great day!!!



3 Tax Tokens from Utah and Missouri
 Here are my relic finds for the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment