Thursday, October 25, 2012

10/25- Gun, Missouri, and Hoard of Rings

It has been far too long since I update this bad boy. I have been traveling for work and play. I have been to 11 states in the month of October and enjoyed a lot of good times with friends and family. During my travels, I have spent some time looking for the good stuff. The last couple weeks have paid out with some very interesting finds. Here are some of the best!

When I pulled this up, I couldn't believe it. It appears to be either a .22 Cal or .25 Cal. It's amazing what is lost in the yard.
 Last weekend, I spent some time in Missouri with my Grandma Meme for her 80th birthday. She lives in this 100 year old house on a farm in southwest Missouri. I decided to take my metal detector with me to see what I could find.
 View from the farm.
 Total finds from Meme's house. I only found one wheat penny from 1952 and a toy car that probably belonged to my cousin.
 I was driving home one day and saw this empty lot. I did some research and got permission from the owner. Judging by the houses and the area, I knew it was an old lot. It turned out that there was a house from 1904 was torn down a little while ago. The lawn and tree strips were still good though
 I dug this picture up from Provo records. It gives an idea of what the house looked like before it was torn down.
 The first day I was there and only tried the tree strips. I found 8 wheat pennies, 2 tax token, and my 2nd buffalo nickel!!! I thought the lawn would be even better but it wasn't. Ben, Keith, and I went back last night and I didn't find anything old. Ben found just a few coins but he managed to score a buffalo from 1926, tax token, and one wheat penny from 1942. Instead of finding older items, I had a one any only type of experience. I found this 8k gold ring with a pretty purple stone. After that, I found a hoard of costume jewelry.

 All of this was in one hole. At first I thought I hit the mother load but none of it is real gold.

 Total finds from the one hole is 8 rings, 9 earrings, 1 pendant, and 1 bracelet with hearts. I doubt I will ever beat a jewelry hoard like this again.
 Total coin finds from the house. No silver :(

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed, I have to say. Really rarely ever do I face a blog that's equally educative and entertaining, and enable me notify you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your concept is excellent the issue is something that not sufficient people are talking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my look for for some thing referring to this.
    wedding rings mo

    ReplyDelete