Tuesday, April 2, 2013

4/2 Riding The Silver Mercury Streak

I really appreciate everyone who went out and read the article yesterday! I have been out several times this last week and wanted to get caught up on all the finds. While the newspaper was doing the article, I started to hunt a new property on the corner of 400N in Provo. The landowner was kind enough to let me hunt the property that was built in 1915. I met the photographer from the newspaper and showed her what I do. I spent the next two night there and down the street. Just a couple of wheats to so for the effort.

 Found a total of 4 wheats from 1927, 2-1944, and 1945

The weekend started to roll around and Friday night I had about 45 minutes to hunt after work before I was heading off to my good friend Chad Ahearn's birthday dinner. With limited time I went to my old trusted spot in Pleasant Grove. Between me and Benhere we have found more then ten silver coins, couple indians, and even a gun at this location. I thought it would be a good chance to use two tone ferrous setting since I have been trying to get use to it. I turned it on and the first coin was a deep wheat from 1920 then followed another one. A couple feet more and hit a 1928 Mercury dime. I was blown away because I knew I had it that area several times. I ended the short hunt with a Saudi Arabian 5 piece from 1979. It was my third Saudi Arabian coin from the yard.

Saturday was my birthday so I wanted to get out there. I met up with Ben and we hunted three houses in Provo right next to each other. Special thanks to Jo and Al for letting us hunt those places. Here is what the houses could have looked like back in the day.


We started at Al's place that was built in late 1800's. The yard didn't produce much for me. I found 2 wheats from 1919 and 1944, one Canadian quarter, and 2 military buttons. I think Ben also found a couple wheats. I then moved over to one of Jo's houses and right in the corner was a 1941 Mercury dime. After that found a lot of clad and one more wheat.

The picture includes Friday's hunt as well.
Yesterday I got out after work and went back to the house in PG. Found one more wheat from 1919 but not much more. I then headed back to Provo where I went back to an old tree strip that paid out well last year. Good place to try 2 tone ferrous again. Once again paid out a 1942 Mercury dime and a part of a tax token. Three days in a row of silver!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment