Monday, July 1, 2013

Buffalo, Buffalo, and More Buffalo

Went back to my buddy Zeke's place before he finished moving out. His house produced some good finds last year including a beautiful gold ring. I was digging every iffy signal I could find and I came away with some good stuff. Last year I was always on the look out for buffalo nickels since I hadn't ever found one. I came away with all but 2 buffalo nickels last year. I started detecting around and before I knew it, I had a real iffy signal that was bouncing all over the place. I cut the plug and at the bottom was a beautiful buffalo nickel. I always check the plug and sure enough there was another one. Both from 1916! Made a couple other finds and ended the day with a third buffalo nickel from 1919.

First time finding multiply buffalo nickels in one hole.

 During the hunt I was visited by this little guy. I thought he was one of the coolest cats I have ever seen.

 One of my favorite coins! Found only 2 last year and now have 9 for this year!
 Other side
 Old finds of the short hunt were the 3 buffalo nickels and 1929 wheat penny. Also managed a small coin from Spain.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I wonder if someone buried them there. I can imagine so many stories... They were worth a lot more back then. That cat looks a little wild, like the bobcats we have around here. Keep the posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete