Monday, June 25, 2012

6/25/12- A Silver Kind of Weekend

This weekend was one of the best weekends I have had in the last few weeks. On Thursday, I spent some time hunting at Kiwana's Park for a lost silver wedding band. Apparently a guy lost it playing kick ball. I was out there with Ben and his dad we were unable to find it. I did so happen to find a foreign coin from either Korea or Japan.
On Friday, I had some time to kill so I headed over to the park across from the Temple in American Fork. It's been known to produce some older items. I was thrilled to find my first mercury dime. To those who don't know, the goddess Mercury was on the dime before President Roosevelt. Mine was from 1941 and was about 8" down. When I saw it for the first time, I was so pumped. I have been searching for one of these for over 2 years.


The silver mercury dime started a weekend full of good stuff. Saturday I was hunting with Ben and his dad again at Orem City Park and found one silver ring there and another toy ring. On Sunday, I went back to one of my favorite parks and found 3 silver rings. Two of the silver rings were found two feet from each other. It was the first time I have ever found back to back silver rings. Here is the picture of the weekend finds.














No comments:

Post a Comment