Thursday, September 13, 2012

9/13- Derald Miller's House

After several attempts over the last few years, my good friend Derald Miller has finally allowed me to search his house in Provo. I was very excited to get over there last night to hunt it. The night didn't start out how I would have liked. I found a lot of surface coins and it seemed pretty trashy. I finally found my first wheat penny from 1918 after about an hour. Once I finished the two strips of lawn in the front, I moved to the tree strips. It was very hard to dig due to the roots of the trees but the good targets started coming in. I'm going to go back and try using the smaller coil to see if that changes anything. Special thanks to Derald for allowing me to hunt his place. He has spent a lot of time getting his lawn looking good and I made sure to keep it that way.

Here are the good finds from last night. The house was built in the early 1920's. I am sure there is some silver to be found.
 Close up of the tax token. These are fun to find and I seem to be picking them up every where I go now.

Total haul from last night. Plenty of coins to be found. Now that I cleared the easy stuff, I hope to find some older items.

No comments:

Post a Comment