Thursday, August 23, 2012

8/23- First Barber Dime

Ben and I hit the tree strips in Provo yesterday. Ben was only out for a little bit so I went over to the little park in Provo where I noticed some old trees. Didn't find a ton but the first think I found was a 1912 Barber Dime. I also found 5 wheat pennies from 40,41,44,45,46. The Barber Dime was right next to the curb again and right next to a nail. When I realized what it was, I was pretty pumped.

I love the small coil and how I can get right up on the edge of the curb where others have not searched.
 I was so shocked since the coin was very black from being in the dirt. Usually silver coins come out nice and clean.
 The good finds from the day. I think the pin nail is from a piano but I am not sure.
 It appears to be pretty old but I will need to look up the company to see where it came from.
 I was sure lucky to find this guy. Now I just need a buffalo nickel and I am set for the summer.

1 comment:

  1. I am intrigued by your finds. Let's keep these updates coming. #goldmine

    ReplyDelete