Monday, March 4, 2013

First Nice Day in Provo Yields 1895 Indian and Silver Ring

The weather has finally started to warm up just enough to get out there. I have been doing a lot of research on old maps of Provo and finding new places to search. Saturday I decided to hit some tree strips. The day didn't start out as good as I struggled to find anything but it soon turned better for me. My first real coin was a 1939 wheat penny which put a little smile on my face.

First wheat penny of the year 1939
 Shortly after I found the wheat penny, I dug a 4" hole to find this coin. The front side was completely covered but when I flipped it over and saw the unmissable back of an Indian penny, I was super excited. I could wait to get home to see if it was from the 1800's. I found three Indians last year so to start out the season with one is a great start!
 After taking a mid day break, I went back out. Here are all my finds. I did happen to pick up a harmonica and two marbles. 
 I ended the day with one Indian penny from 1895!!! and three wheats.
 The ring had the initials I.A.H which stand for I Am His. It's a pretty ring so Ashley started wearing it.

3 comments:

  1. You are getting serious with the stats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of trying to count thousands of coins at the end of the year, I am going to do it after each hunt hahaha.

      Delete
  2. If you are interested in selling the ring I would love to buy. I've been looking for one of these as a gift to my mother who had one when she was young. I've been looking for one for a while with no luck. Let me know! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete